Full meeting materials will be posted here!
Meeting General Info:
Feedback is critical to success of future meetings! We want to hear about your experience, what were the highlights and what can we work to improve. Please take some time to provide us with feedback using the link or scanning the QR code below. We appreciate your feedback and honesty!
A special thank you to our sponsors for the 2023 conference! Without your continued support, these meetings don’t happen! We appreciate each of you and the financial assistant for this conference.
- The conference is being held at the Hyatt Rosemont located at 6350 N River Rd, Rosemont, IL 60018. Click here to visit their website.
- The registration desk will be available on Wednesday night from 5PM-7:30PM CT at a table setup outside of the reception space and Thursday morning starting at 7:15AM CT.
- You can pick up your badge, ask questions, and more!
- All guests free to park in self-park garage next to hotel (not connected).
- Daily parking is complimentary from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. with in/out privileges.
- After 6 p.m. overnight parking fee of $15/car/night will be charged.
- Guests will need to place an “overnight parking pass” from the front desk at check-in, on dashboard to avoid any type of ticket/violation from Village of Rosemont.
Welcome Reception (Wednesday, September 6th 6:30PM CT):
Our welcome reception will be held on Wednesday, September 6th starting at 6:30PM CT in Lindberg AB. We will have complimentary light refreshments including hors d’oeuvres. There will also be a cash bar for you to enjoy (guests are responsible for their own drink purchases). Join us for a great way to kick off the meeting, network, and catch up!
- WiFi will be available at the conference within the meeting spaces and a charging station will be setup to ensure there are opportunities to charge your devices as needed.
Transportation To/From Airport:
- Departs/picks-up every 30 minutes from the hotel/airport.
- Hours are Sun-Sat, 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Departs the hotel at every :00 and :30 of the hour.
- Arrives at the airport every :15 and :45 of the hour.
- All domestic pick-ups, please go to Door 1 of the “Bus Shuttle Center” – this can be tricky to get to, please ask airport staff to direct guests in the right direction.
- **Any arrivals via Southwest/Delta, will be arriving at Terminal 5 and will need to call the Hotel directly to schedule a pick-up as this take a bit longer to get to.
- **Any international flights will be arriving through Terminal 5 as well and would need to call the hotel for a scheduled pick-up.
- Lenora S. Newsome, 2023-2024 NABP President
- Russell B. Melchert, 2022-2023 AACP President
- Deeb D. Eid, Executive Secretary/Treasurer District IV NABP-AACP
- Veronica Vernon, Butler University
- Laura Licari, Roosevelt University
- Michael E. Klepser, Ferris State College of Pharmacy
- Kris Tupas, Roosevelt University
- Alex Adams, Idaho Division of Financial Management
Thursday, September 7th:
- Pharmacist Prescribing Lessons Learned
- Test-and-Treat: Utilizing POCT and Pharmacist Prescribing to Enhance Care
- Grant Program Presentation + Update (Awards Luncheon)
- Hot Topics: Laws, Practice, & Education Advancements
- Breaking Barriers and Building Bridges: Pioneering DEIJ in Clinical Pharmacy Education
Friday, September 8th:
- This conference will offer 5.5 (0.055 CEU’s) of CPE credit.
- The deadline to claim is 60 days after the 1st CPE presentation which falls on Monday, November 6th, 2023
- Only attendees who indicated “I want to claim CE credit” on their registration form and provided their NABP ID and DOB will be eligible to claim CE. Please do not claim CE or attempt to if you are not attending this conference live/in-person or indicated this on your registration.
- NABP How to Claim CE Document
Executive Committee Elections:
There will be 2 total elections held at this conference, partaking on Friday September 8th during the District 2nd Business Sessions from 9:30-11AM. Each election will be for the regional District IV Executive Committee (one NABP seat and one AACP seat). Below are the candidates who have submitted to be candidates ahead of the meeting. Nominations for the regional District IV E.C. can be also taken from the floor. For the Regional E.C. election, one delegate member from each College or Board will serve as the representative to cast votes in the respective elections.
Candidates for Election:
Board of Pharmacy (NABP) Seat (Term 1/1/2024-12/31/2026)
- Denise Scarpelli, PharmD, MBA, Illinois Board of Pharmacy
College of Pharmacy (AACP) Seat (Term 1/1/2024-12/31/2026)
- Debra Parker, PharmD, Dean of College of Pharmacy at Findlay University (OH)